January 2012 Newsletter
Happy New Year! I hope this newsletter finds everyone well rested after the holidays and ready to get back into the swing of things.
Royal LePage recently announced its top sales agents across Canada. I am honoured to have received the number one standing within the Central Toronto Branch, as well as achieving the position of 10th Team in Canada, out of over 14,000 agents nationwide. Thank you to each of my past clients in helping me achieve such milestones! I look forward to assisting you again in the future.
I am excited to see what 2012 will bring! This will be my 29th year in the real estate industry, and during this time I have had the pleasure of helping hundreds of people buy and sell their homes. One of the best aspects of working in real estate is meeting new people. If you are considering a move, I would love to meet with you and discuss your real estate needs. Please be assured I will share with you my knowledge and expertise along with superior customer service.
If you are looking to escape the chill of Canada for the winter and are considering purchasing real estate in the US, please give me a call. I have a wide network of contacts south of the border who can help you find your dream property! With the strong Canadian market, and an abundance of real estate available in the US, now is an ideal time to make that move.
Celebrating 29 Years in Central Toronto Real Estate
January 2012 Newsletter
- Hot Listings!
- Is a Home Equity Line of Credit For You?
- Market Watch Report: December 2011
- Toronto Events Calendar for January!
- Upcoming Events at eMbody Fitness
Central Toronto - Yonge & St. Clair
61 St. Clair Avenue West #807
Granite Place! Spacious 2 bedroom, 2 washroom suite. Combined living/dining rooms, split bedroom plan, ensuite laundry, parking & locker.
20 Burkebrook Place #206
Exclusive Kilgour Estates! Desirable ravine community! Two bedroom suite, approximately 1,116 square feet + balcony.
Central Toronto - Yorkville
18 Yorkville Avenue #3201
This contemporary luxury suite is located in the exclusive Yorkville neighbourhood! Breathtaking south and east views from the 32nd floor overlook Rosedale.
Central Toronto - Downtown
183 Wellington St. West #2204
This is the only suite other than the penthouse at the Ritz Carlton that has a balcony! With approximately 1280 square feet of living space plus the balcony, this 1 bedroom suite has stunning south/east views.
Central Toronto - Yonge & St. Clair
70 Rosehill Avenue #406
Elegant 2 bedroom + den at prestigious 70 Rosehill with gorgeous south & north views! Elevator direct to suite!
Thinking of Buying? Thinking of Selling?
Real Estate News
It is not uncommon to indulge over the holidays, too much food, too many late nights and too much spending. What happens when you spend way too much? Is a home equity line of credit the answer for you? Helen Morris of the National Post explores this option:
Market Watch Report: December 2011
Greater Toronto Realtors® reported 4,718 transactions through the TorontoMLS® system in December 2011. The December result capped off the second-best year on record under the current Toronto Real Estate Board (TREB) boundaries.
Total sales for 2011 amounted to 89,347 – up four per cent in comparison to 2010. For all of 2011, the average selling price was $465,412, an increase of eight per cent in comparison to the average of $431,276 in 2010.
For the complete details, as well as predictions for 2012,
read the December 2011 Market Watch Report.
Toronto Events Calendar for January
Whether you want to buy the boat of your dreams or just learn something about local marine life, the Toronto International Boat Show is the place to go. Canada’s largest and most popular marine marketplace features a large variety of exhibitors, seminars, contests and even an indoor lake! January 14 - 22 at the Direct Energy Centre, Exhibition Place.
In its 10th year, this annual event offers exclusive prix fixe menus at a number of Toronto’s finest restaurants. Reservations are accepted from January 12 onward, though Winterlicious itself runs from January 28 to February 10. For the complete list of participating restaurants as well as culinary events, please visit the Winterlicious info page.
Puccini’s Tosca is timeless tale of passion, lust and betrayal that has captivated audiences since its debut. Presented by the Canadian Opera Company and set in the beautiful and dangerous 19th century Rome, this compelling tale will leave you breathless. January 21 to February 25 at the Four Seasons Centre.
Upcoming Events at eMbody Fitness
Challenge starts January 16th - April 15th (12 weeks) 2012 is an Olympic year.
Join a team, set a goal and let the spirit of a friendly competition and teamwork get you motivated and challenged to push yourself farther than you’ve ever gone before! So jump on board and achieve your goals in 2012.
Here's how it works:
- Set a Goal, Any Goal and post it on our Inspiration Board to keep you motivated and help you stay on track!
- Sign up for a team by calling the club, emailing us at or drop by the office next time you are in for a workout.
- Choose the team you would like to be on: Team Debra, Team Domenic, Team Neil, Team Andrea, Team Beth, Team Lance, Team Dorota, Team Johanna, Team Steven, Team Nicole, Team Sheila, Team Adam, Team Rebecca, Team Victoria, Team Carol.
- If you would like to be a captain of your own team please let us know and we will help you create your own! Make sure to tell your teammates to sign up for your team!
- Post your results daily or weekly and we'll keep score for each team.
- Cardio done with your teammate and/or team captain is double minutes! So find a workout buddy on your team. It is also a great way to stay motivated.
- Teams that come in 1st, 2nd and 3rd places will be rewarded! Prizes include: Lululemon, Sport Chek gift certificates, gym bags, personal training sessions and much more. The winning team will also be featured in the eMbody Fitness newsletter, on our blog and website!
- HAVE FUN!
eMbody Your 3 P's: Passion, Purpose & Possibility
January 19th at 7:30 - 9:30pm.
Join us for an entertaining and informative evening with author, speaker and columnist Julia Moulden. Julia will help you discover new passion, purpose, and possibility at midlife!
Also featured are special guests from The Alchemy Group. Professionally trained Executive Life Coaches Michelle Bevan and Rita Silvan, will share tips on how to get even more Passion, Purpose and Possibility in other areas of your life in your 40’s and 50’s.
Space is limited! Members and Guests welcome. Our last 3 events have sold out so avoid disappointment and register today!
Don't Let Winter Training Get You Down!
How to Maintain your Cardio Routine Through the Winter .
by Adam Moody, Certified Personal Trainer
If you have spent the summer running, cycling or doing other outdoor activities, winter is a perfect time to switch up your routine and try something new. Not only will this give your body a much needed rest, doing some new and exciting indoor activities will challenge your muscle groups to produce even greater results.
Those of you who participate in specific winter sports such as hockey, skiing, snowboarding etc will want to participate in sport specific training. TRX is a great way to train for a variety of sports. One of our trainers can design a specific program to help you excel at your sport. The key is figuring out what the most challenging aspect of your sport is and concentrating on that aspect such as endurance, leg strength, balance etc.
If you want to continue running outdoors during the winter, here are a few tips to help you make exercising outdoors fun and safe in the cold temperatures:
- Check the temperature and especially wind chill factor before you go out and dress appropriately. Dressing in layers allows you to remove outerwear as you get warm and start to sweat and then put them back on as you get cold.
- Be sure to protect your hands, feet, and ears from the elements. When it gets cold outside, your body's blood flow concentrates in your core, and this increases the risk of your getting frostbite on these areas. Wear thick gloves and socks as well as earmuffs or a hat or headband that covers your ears.
- Be sure to stay adequately hydrated. You may not feel as though you need to drink as much as you would during the hot summer months, but you'll likely still be sweating and will need to replenish the fluids lost through perspiration and breathing. If your exercise will last only an hour or less, water should be your first choice.
- Extend your warm up period. You will need more time to warm up your tight muscles and get the blood flowing to prevent injuries. It’s a good idea to do your warm-up exercises indoors and then head outside for the remainder of your workout.
Whether you are looking to take a shot at the Olympics, or just looking to stay fit and active during the cold months, this is a great time to incorporate some fun and challenging changes. There is also nothing better than joining a team to stay motivated during the winter months. I would like to invite you to join my cardio team in January to get on with your winter cardio routine in the New Year and finally reach those fitness goals!