Selling With Elli
You’ve made the decision to expose your greatest and most personal asset to the open market! That can seem overwhelming and scary. Most people have mixed feelings about selling and moving on, even if they have great reasons to do so. Don’t worry, my experienced team is here to guide you safely and comfortably through the sale of your home. You have enough to deal with emotionally – your future plans and goals, nostalgia over what you’re leaving behind…you shouldn’t have to worry about how the sale is going to happen.
Can you believe that the number one complaint from both homebuyers and sellers is that Realtors don’t return their phone calls? That honestly blows me away. I understand from personal and professional experience how stressful a home sale can be, and I know the last thing you need is to have to chase down your Realtor who’s entrusted with selling your most cherished asset! When working with my team, you will experience our vision in action: Consistency, Organization and Listening. You’ll always be able to reach us by phone or email and get the answers that you need. That is a promise. It’s how I’ve built a successful business over the last 25 years and how I plan to assure our combined success for many years to come.
Though you’ve decided to sell, you may still be toying with the idea of doing the job yourself. You may be wondering how I will earn my commission and whether my services are your best option. My clients usually feel very comfortable with me, my team and the selling process, but even people who’ve worked with me before sometimes express doubt about current market conditions, the rise of discount brokerages and the like. Let me explain the three top reasons to work with my team (as opposed to selling on your own or using another Realtor):
- Proper exposure and aggressive marketing (to save you time and money)
- Expert offer negotiation (to get you the best possible deal)
- After sale services until keys are exchanged (to minimize your stress)
This is how we earn commissions. We work on contingency, paying for the expensive marketing, paying our brokerage for all their services, to make sure you get the best possible price for your home. Once you do, we are then compensated. We work with a level of skill and consistency that others are hard pressed to compete with. The horror stories we’ve heard about sale by owner and discount brokerages would make your hair fall out.
Once you’ve chosen to sell your home, you can count on us to:
- Put your home on the market very quickly if you are in a rush – our team is highly organized & prepared to work intensively for you to meet your timelines
- Take care of all the paperwork and organize all the details, from stagers to professional photographers and floor plans (so you don’t have to)
- Advise you about your legal rights, sale options, and obligations
- Check in with you frequently to let you know what’s happening behind the scenes, who’s shown interest in your home and what is being done on an ongoing basis to actively market it
- Negotiate offers to get you the best price and the best terms.
Real estate never stops – I’ve sold homes over the Christmas holidays and even in traditionally slower months, like August. Though spring and fall are the most active seasons (more homes are sold during these times), in the summer and winter there are usually fewer homes for sale to accommodate the needs of buyers, so it’s win-win. Going a little bit against the grain has helped my clients in the past – for instance, if you own your home in a busy trading area where traditionally people wait until after Labour Day to put their homes on the market, we might list your home a couple of weeks before Labour Day so your home will get all the attention. We’ll look at all these factors, keeping your ultimate goals and timelines in mind, and determine the best time to sell.