Fantastic Golf Courses in Caledon Hills
By Elli Davis, May 2, 2011
Golf Hole with Flag by Vidbynäs Golf Club
We love to tell you about more local golf courses to try out in Elli Davis' Toronto Golf Guide. Last time, we brought you Brampton's public golf courses and Markham golf courses where you can tee off this year's golfing season. Being that there are a large variety of courses in the area we have enriched the guide with the following golf courses from the Caledon Hills region near Brampton:
- Erin Heights Golf Club
- Erin Heights Golf Club is a 9-hole half-length course near Erin, just a few kilometres north-west of Brampton. If you play both sets of tees on this course, you may enjoy a full par 72, 18-hole experience. The fairways like to roll and occasionally challenge even skilled golfers.
Read more about Erin Heights Golf Club here…
- Calerin Golf Club
- Neighbouring with Erin Heights is Calerin Golf Club, a semi-private facility with a course designed by Doug Carrick. This is a 9-hole course with distinct sets of tees that allow for an 18-hole play. The Course's signature hole is the par 4 hole 6 with a tricky dog-leg. There are sand traps and rolling fairways to add to the overall enjoyment.
Read more about Calerin Golf Club here…
- Caledon Golf & Country Club
- Farther away from Brampton in the heart of Caledon Hills is Caledon Golf & Country Club. The Caledon Course lies close to the city of Inglewood. As is the case with all courses in the Caledon Hills, they make good use of the mountainous topography and offer players ascending and descending fairways to challenge them more. This course is in a very nice setting which shows especially during the fall when trees start to lose their leaves.
Read more about Caledon Golf & Country Club here…
- Banty’s Roost Golf & Country Club
- Banty’s Roost Golf Club is an 27-hole semi-private facility near Caledon. It has three distinct 9-hole courses which may be combined in any way for an 18-hole experience. Each of these courses is unique, with varied yardage and hole design. The fairways incorporate a pond and contain various sand bunkers, hazards, and traps.
Read more about Banty’s Roost Golf & Country Club here…
- Mayfield Golf Club
- Another golf club in the Caledon Hills is Mayfield Golf Club. Just as Banty's Roost, this is another 27-hole facility that consists of three unique courses of 9 holes. Throughout its more than 30 years of history, the courses at Mayfield Golf Club have served families and catered to golfers of all skill levels.
Read more about Mayfield Golf Club here…