Lytton Park began to develop in 1886 when a single horse car line run by The Metropolitan Street Railway helped connect it to the City of Toronto. In 1912 it became part of the city, and over the next dozen years the bulk of the neighbourhood's homes, schools, churches and parks were built.
Houses in this area are detached, lushly landscaped and typically built Tudor and Georgian style.
An abundant variety of upscale shopping is close at hand along Yonge Street, Avenue Road and Eglinton Avenue West. The actual Lytton Park is hidden away in a valley, has three public tennis courts and is also home to the North Toronto Lawn Bowling Club.
As well as public schools the highly regarded private school, Havergal College, is situated in the neighbourhood. Both Eglinton and Lawrence subway stations are a short walk to many Lytton Park homes, and the Yonge Street and Avenue Road on-ramps to Highway 401 can be reached in about 5 minutes.